November 7th, 2013
What a warm welcome I received last week on a visit to the International School of Luxembourg. During the 3 day visit I was able to get to know 20 of the TAs supporting in primary and early years. For the first 2 days I provided small group tutorial support for those students who are completing the [...]Teaching Assistants Making the Difference
June 4th, 2013
Where would a classroom be without a really great TA? Ask any teacher and they will tell you that the classroom just wouldn’t be the same without them. However, a great teaching assistant requires training. Quality training ensures that TAs know how to be effective in the classroom and make a real difference to teaching [...]
Qualifications prove that you have studied about your chosen career, it also shows that you are serious about your career and demonstrates your commitment to it.
The level of your qualification can also show that you have an in-depth knowledge of your career. Teaching Assistants are no different, by studying for a qualification as a Teaching Assistant you are showing that you value your role and want to perform at the best possible standard in school.
If you have been a Teaching Assistant for many years gaining a qualification is still important as:
- You may currently be performing the same tasks on a regular basis, working towards a qualification can help you to broaden the range of tasks that may be expected of you in school
- You can learn more about the way children learn and the best ways to help them achieve
- Share ideas with other Teaching Assistants
- Discover the reasons why children are taught using particular methods
- If you ever wanted to change schools a qualification will prove that you know how to do the job anywhere – not just in the school that you are in.
- Gaining new knowledge is always a good thing
If you would like some help deciding which level or course is most appropriate for you, please click on this link: What course is right for me? or call us on 0845 603 7782 / 01785 851251 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to discuss your options with you.
For answers to the more frequently asked questions please click on the icon below: